Thursday, August 22, 2013

Teaching Chess and Life

When I read this article Carlos is a boy who who lived in a horrible neighbor hood with drug dealers and gangs that were either dead or in jail. When he was at a gang-infested junior high school he signed up for the chess club so that he could stay out of all of this trouble. The good thing is that he already knew the coach of chess because he was his social studies teacher. During the past years of playing chess he grew at it and he learned to take off his hat when he enters buildings. Carlos and I are similar because I play baskeball and football to keep me out of trouble and on the streets. My goal is to become a good architect and make good money so that I wouldn't be on the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment